Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Anything motivated you today? This little boy SHOULD! (Video)


I hope someone gets inspired after reading this!

Lailans, Meet Leon Ford, Jr., on November 11, 2012, he was pulled over on a Pittsburgh street for what police described as a minor traffic violation. There were no problems with his paperwork or warrants for his arrest, but less than 20 minutes later, Ford found himself with bullets in him, for no reason while city police scrambled to handcuff him, because he is black.



He didn’t realize it at first, but he had just been shot.

“I remember the officers screaming, yelling, ‘Where’s the guns, where’s the drugs?'” Ford says. “They pulled me out and slammed me on the ground and handcuffed me face down. I thought they Tased me until blood was coming out my mouth and from under me. I was like, Wow, they shot me… I thought I was going to die.”
It’s been nearly three years since the evening when Pittsburgh officer David Derbish shot then 19-year-old Ford four times, leaving him paralyzed. Before that night, Ford was a fairly typical teenager: He enjoyed making music videos and boxing.

He helped his uncle out at the body shop and was getting ready to start taking classes at a local community college. Now 22, Ford uses a wheelchair and has no sensation below his waist. He often wakes up with a tingling feeling in his hands and has trouble writing without cramping up.

Leon Ford was told by doctors that he’ll never walk again after he was shot 5 times by the Pittsburgh police officer …. However, he’s not letting that deter him from trying, and he’s got a son who is encouraging him to never give up.

He shared an emotional video of his little son encouraging him to keep pushing as he tried to move with a walker.

“Keep pushing. Keep pushing. Don’t give up,” the little boy told his father as he walked beside him.
The video has since garnered 104k re-tweets and 224 likes!

Watch video bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST