Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao part 2 a 'possibility' says boxing promoter

Boxing promoter Bob Arum has revealed that the richest boxing fight in history  Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao could be re-matched with the pair likely to come out of retirement and face each other.

Mayweather retired with an unbeaten 49-0 record last September while Manny Pacquiao recovered from shoulder surgery to defeat Timothy Bradley before calling time on his career.  Both fighters made a cumulative total of $410m from the fight last year.




Pacquiao's former promoter Bob Arum, the Top Rank chief executive, says the fight could happen one last time.
"I would say there is a possibility a rematch happens, yes," he said, according to ESPN. "How big a possibility that is, I can't really measure."
Mayweather and Pacquiao's fight in May 2015 smashed pay-per-view and live gate records and is regarded as the richest fight in the sport's history. A rematch would generate significant interest, even though it would likely fall short of the figures produced from their first bout.
"I'm happy to be where I'm at,"  Mayweather recently told Showtime. "Everyone is asking, asking me, 'Is Floyd Mayweather coming back?' "Right now, I'm happy on this side, but I've been talking with CBS and Showtime and you just never know. As of right now, you know, some crazy numbers have been thrown my way, upwards of, of course, nine figures.
"I'm truly blessed, way beyond belief. I don't know what we're going to do, but right now, I'm happy being on this side helping fighters. If I came back, of course, it would have to be a nine-figure payday and probably a championship fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST