Monday, June 27, 2016

After losing in four finals, frustrated Lionel Messi retires from international football


Last night, Messi suffere his fourth defeat in a major final with Argentina, after his country lost to Chile in the final of the Copa America. The final, saw Messi missing his own shot in the penalty shootout and the Argentine team crashing out to Chile 2-4. .



His words: “For me the national team is over. I’ve done all I can, it hurts not to be a champion. It’s tough, it’s not the time for analysis. In the dressing room I thought that this is the end for me with the national team, it’s not for me. .

That’s the way I feel right now, it’s a huge sadness once again and I missed the penalty that was so important. I tried so hard to be champion with Argentina. But it didn’t happen. I couldn’t do it.”

The defeat continued Argentina’s 23-year trophy-less run and Messi’s own personal misery now extends to four lost finals with the national side – at the 2014 World Cup against Germany and at three Copa Américas, in 2007, 2015 and now 2016.... wen its nt only him....

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST