Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Meet The First Nigerian To Buy A Top European Football Club

President of Nigeria National League (NNL) team, Remo Stars Football Club, Kunle Soname, at the weekend became the first Nigerian to own a top European football club by buying Portuguese second division side, Clube Desportivo Feirense.
Soname secured 70 percent of the club, which last played in the Portuguese top-flight division in 2011.

According to a statement on the club’s website, “Last Friday we effected a transformation of our club through the sale of part of the capital to our new partners, Tavisstock Global Resource Ltd, led by Mr. Kunle Soname.



“We wish all the stakeholders the best and believe it will be a lasting partnership that would bring great sporting success to Clube Desportivo Feirense.”

Speaking on the take over, Soname said the takeover would impact positively on both his two clubs and Nigerian Football, adding, “It is a great thing to have achieved this. My sincere gratitude to God and everyone involved in the take over process.

Kunle-Soname-buys-new-club
Kunle-Soname-new-club

“Securing Clube Desportivo Feirense was the next step in the right direction for me. I love everything about the club: the organisation, the philosophy and the fans I have no intention of changing anything in the club because I am satisfied with their operations.
“Rather, I want to ensure the progress of the club through promotion to the Portuguese Primera division.

“Having been involved in Nigerian football over the years by running Remo Stars Football club, I felt it was time to further develop the team. It would also bring benefits for Nigerian football through players transfer, training for officials and administrators, who have proven they have what it takes to succeed in Europe.

“I still have my commitment to Remo Stars FC; it is the beginning of all I have achieved in football and I will keep improving the team to get it to the greatest heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST